Division Théorie et Ingénierie des Systèmes Informatiques (DTISI)
Equipe Calcul Pervasif et Mobile
CERIST Research Center, 03 Rue des frères Aissou, Ben Aknoun, Algiers 16306, Algeria
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quality of Service (QoS)
- Wireless Ad hoc Networks
- Wireless Mesh Networks
- Disaster Management
- Voice over IP
- Congestion and Flow Control
- Cross Layering in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks
- Discrete Event Simulation
- Performance Evaluation of Data Communication Systems
Place: Ecole doctorale ReSYD at University of Béjaia. Algeria
Title: Congestion Control in High Speed Networks
Abstract: In a system with resource sharing, congestion is present when the demand for resources exceeds the quantity of available resources. Unexpectedly, new broadband technologies did nothing but worsen the congestion. Consequently, it is necessary to conceive new congestion control protocols which are appropriate to the characteristics of such networks. Congestion control consists in maintaining the system in lower part of the threshold of congestion, while optimizing the use of the resources by statistical multiplexing. It is generally carried out by several preventive and reactive means. The first aim to return the appearance of this phenomenon exceptional whereas the last make it possible to return to a normal situation when, despite everything, congestion occurs. This second class of methods is very used in ATM networks in order to guarantee quality of service (QoS) of already established connections. The aim of this thesis is to make a synthesis on the methods of congestion control in high speed networks. Thereafter, we will study in a more detailed way two algorithms of control admission (CAC) like examples of preventive control in ATM networks.
Keywords: high speed networks, congestion, asynchronous transfer mode, quality of service, performance evaluation, discrete event simulation, admission control.
Software developed: A discrete event simulator for M/D/1/k Queue in C++ Builder for ATM Networks
Place: University of Tizi Ouzou.
Title: A Software for Processing METEOSAT Pictures
Abstract: Satellitary Images provided by METEOSAT are not directly exploitable by the meteorologists operating in ground stations. Indeed, such images require several operations of pre-treatment such as enhancement, filtering, segmentation, and geometrical correction. In addition, numerical forecasting makes call to several mathematical models which are very complex. It is within this framework that our work is registered: it is a question of conceiving a data-processing application which makes it possible to automate certain routines of calculations and extraction of weather parameters of starting from the weather images of satellites METEOSAT in its three channels (Infra-Red IR, Water Vapour WP, and Visible VIS). These parameters include surface albedo, nebulosity, pluviometry, and insolation. Moreover, the application allows the animation of satellite images, the production of coloured images from monochromic images, the localization of a geographical site, as well as the calculation of some relevant geo-astronomical parameters.
Keywords: image processing, meteorological satellite, remote sensing, pixel, image segmentation, weather forecasting, surface albedo, filtering, geo-astronomical parameters
Software developed: A C++ Builder Application. Available upon Request
- Algorithms and Data Structures (University of Bejaia)
- Theory of Automata and Compilers (University of Bejaia)
- First steps to Delphi (CFPA of Bejaia and VEGA-IP Private School)
- Programming Databases with Delphi (VEGA-IP Private School)
- C/C++ Programming (SYKEN College)
- Office automation (VEGA-IP Private School)
- S. Boudjellaba, Developing a Website for a Car Company with e-commerce Functionalities. University of Bejaia. September 2006.
- M. Belgaid and S. Ouhab, Quality of Service Routing in AODV and OLSR. University of Bejaia. September 2007.
- H. Maouchi, Delay Constrained Routing in the AODV Protocol. University of Tizi Ouzou. June 2009.
- M. Bosli and M. Baaliouameur. Design and Implementation of QoS routing Protocols in Ad hoc Networks. University of Bab Ezzouar. October 2009.
- M. Abdeladim and E-M. B. Louhaidia. Implementation and Performance Evaluation of a Flow Control Protocol For Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. Ecole Supérieure en Informatique (ESI). November 2009.
- H. Merabti and M. Hellal. Study of the Impact of Multipath Routing on VoIP in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. University of Bab Ezzouar. June 2010.
- M. Boulouza and O. Asfirane. Experimental Evaluation of VoIP in Wireless Mesh Networks. University of Bab Ezzouar. July 2010.
- H. Saadi. Extending the AOMDV Protocol for Satisfying VoIP Requirements in Wireless Mesh Networks. University of Bab Ezzouar. October 2012.
- H. Smida. Securing VoIP in Wireless Mesh Networks. University of Bab Ezzouar. June 2013
- K. Hadj Rabah and C. Khalfi. Configuration and Securisation of WRT160NL Wireless Mesh Routers. University of Bab Ezzouar. In progress.
- K. Merri and R. Oukaci. Website Development under the Linux Operating System (Quanta Plus, PHP/MySQL, Apache, Gimp). University of Bejaia. June 2005.
- T. Boussebissi and H. Ouanoughi. A Software for METOSAT Image Processing with Delphi. University of Bejaia. June 2005.
- O. Chergui. Multipath QoS Routing in Ad hoc Networks. Ecole Supérieure en Informatique (ESI). October 2011.
- H. Smida. Configuration of a Wireless Mesh Network using WRT54GL Routers. University of Bab Ezzouar. September 2012.
Skills in Computer Science
Operating Systems: Windows (98/2000/XP), Unix (Solaris Station), Linux (Red Hat, Mandrake, Knoppix, Ubuntu), Cygwin (Linux emulator under Windows)
Programming Languages: C/C++, Pascal, Delphi, C++ Builder, AWK, Tcl
Databases: Borland Paradox, Microsoft Acces, SQL
Web: HTML, PHP/MySQL, Apache, EasyPHP, XAMPP
Networking: TCP/IP, ATM (Asynchronous Transfer Mode), IP addressing, Routing, Cisco Simulator, Network Simulator, WireShark, Configuration of CISCO WRT54GL Mesh Routers, 802.11. Ad hoc routing protocols, WireShark
VoIP: AsteriskNOW, Sipfone (on iPhone), X-Lite, Delay-constrained routing
Misc: LaTeX, Lyx, Microsoft Visio, WinDesign
- English: Fluent
- French: Very good (written and spoken)
- Arabic: Very good (written and spoken)
- Kabyle (tamazight): mother tongue
- Nature, Camping & Picnic
- Stamp Collecting
Conferences and Talks
- N.Bouchama, On Performance Improvement of VoIP in Ad hoc Networks. CERIST (Centre de Recherche sur l’Information Scientifique et Technique) at Algiers. May 2013.
- N. Bouchama, Towards a Framework for Multi-Constrained Routing in Mobile Ad hoc Networks. LAMOS (Laboratory of Modelling and Optimization of Systems) at University of Bejaia. November 2011.
- Nadir Bouchama, Nadia Nouali, Djamil Aïssani, Natalia Djellab, Houari Maouchi, Extending the AODV Protocol to Provide Quality of Service in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. ICIST' 2011. 24-26 April 2011. Download article here and presentation here
- N. Bouchama, Quality of Service in Mobile Ad hoc Networks: Issues and some Contributions. 25th Anniversary of the CERIST Conference. CERIST (Centre de Recherche sur l’Information Scientifique et Technique) at Algiers. June 2010. Download here or here.
- N. Bouchama, Comparing Delay Constrained Routing and Multipath Routing in Ad hoc Networks. LAMOS (Laboratory of Modelling and Optimization of Systems) at University of Bejaia. March 2010.
- N. Bouchama, An Overview of Disaster Management Projects. Journée d'Information sur la Gestion de Catastrophes. CERIST (Centre de Recherche sur l’Information Scientifique et Technique) at Algiers. July 2009. Download here.
- N. Nouali, N. Bouchama, A. Bendjoudi, A. Babakhouya, S.Yahiaoui, Y. Belhoul, H. Zeghilet and N. Guellati, Using Information Technology for Enhancing Disaster Management. In Congrès National des Télécommunications et leurs Applications (CNTA' 09). University of Bejaia, Algeria. May 2009. Download here and the talk (in french) here
- N. Bouchama, Delay Constrained Routing in Ad hoc Networks. LAMOS (Laboratory of Modelling and Optimization of Systems) at University of Bejaia. March 2009. Download here
- N. Bouchama, Quality of Service Routing in Ad hoc Networks. CERIST (Centre de Recherche sur l’Information Scientifique et Technique) at Algiers. June 2008. Download here
- N. Bouchama, Using VoIP in Disaster Management. CERIST (Centre de Recherche sur l’Information Scientifique et Technique) at Algiers. May 2008.
- N. Bouchama, Quality of Service Models in Ad hoc Networks. LAMOS (Laboratory of Modelling and Optimization of Systems) at University of Bejaia. March 2008. Download here
- N. Bouchama, Quality of Service in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks. LAMOS (Laboratory of Modelling and Optimization of Systems) at University of Bejaia. December 2006.
- N. Bouchama, Congestion Control in High Speed Networks. LAMOS (Laboratory of Modelling and Optimization of Systems) at University of Bejaia. May 2005. Download here
- N. Bouchama and S. Yahiaoui, Stochastic Bounds for Performance Evaluation of Complex Systems. University of Bejaia. July 2004. Download here
- N. Bouchama. The Consensus Problem in Distributed Systems. University of Bejaia. July 2004.
- N. Bouchama and S. Yahiaoui, Quality of Service Routing in the Internet. University of Bejaia. June 2004. Download here
- N. Bouchama and R. Atman, METEOSAT Image Processing for Weather Forecasting. January 2003.
Other Scientific Activities
- Reviewer in the International Journal of Digital Information and Wireless Communications (IJDIWC)
- Reviewer in the International Journal of Applied Mathematics & Information Sciences (AMIS)
- Reviewer in the International Arab Journal of Information technology (IAJIT)
- Reviewer in the First International Conference on ICTs in Disaster Management, March 24-25, 2014, Algiers (Algeria).
- Reviewer in the Second International Conference on Informatics and its applications (ICIA2013), September 23-25, 2013, University of Lodz (Poland).
- Reviewer in the Second International Workshop on Verification and Evaluation of Computer Systems (VeCoS 2008), July 2-3, 2008, Leeds (UK).
- Member in the Organizing Committee of the First International Conference on ICTs for Disaster Management, March 24-25, 2014, Algiers (Algeria).
- Jury member for Final year projects: University of Béjaia, USTHB University (Algiers), Ecole Nationale des Systèmes d'Information (Béjaia), CERIST Research Center, University of Tizi Ouzou, Ecole Supérieure d'Informatique (Algiers), Ecole Militaire Polytechnique...